Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Body Is A Temple

According to mummy dearest, there are five stages in a girl's life; birth, K.C.S.E/18th birthday, graduation, marriage and kids and finally, death. She has constantly been reminding me that I'm way past graduation (never mind that it's only been two years and I'm back in school anyways) and that by the time she was my age, she had already finished giving birth ( technically I'm the last-born but there's Monica who she thinks I do not know about). That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you spell pressure.

The first time I took BooBoo home, Ma pretended to liked him. Two years later, I was constantly lectured on how he was not a good match for me which I now agree with for these and other reasons. I know I haven't told you what transpired between BooBoo and I but if you had started hating him, please don't. All of it was my own doing and I take full responsibility for it. It wasn't intentional....

Back to what this post is all about.

I'm in the limbo between graduation and marriage with no prospective husbands. I know I've been single for all of one week but ey, no time like the present! No one has (seriously) hit on me and I do not have any crush on anyone. I sound like a 12 year old. Anyways. Yes, I'm alone and so far, loving it. I do not have to remember to call anyone or have to ask how his day has been or say that 'L' word when I do not mean it. Oh God! It's like I lost 10kgs!

My deductions from a very extensive research (Google, gossip, 'my friend is going through this') shows that single women my age tend to heavily rely on sexual relationships other than the other more meaningful types. You know the kind with emotions, shared visions and a shared hope for a future together. Some are mistresses and others change sexual partners as often as I change my panties! No judgment from me but.... catch me dead!

So what I had a steady sex supply for a couple of years and now that supply is gone? I am not defined by my sexual relations (or lack thereof) and I never will be. The bible says that our bodies are God's temples and that we should keep them clean and holy as He intended. Plus Ma drilled it in me to stay a virgin till I got married from the day I got my first period. That was so deeply rooted into me that till this day when I go for confession I ask God for forgiveness for my episodes of fornication! I kid you not!

Call me naive or unworldly, but sex is a very sacred component of any relationship. Ideally in a marriage but this (boyfriend-girlfriend relationship) should count too. I wonder how these women feel having different men in them every other night (only exceptions are nymphos and prostitutes; one is sick and the other has to earn her keep). And how do they face these men outside the bedroom? I'd be so embarrassed! And of course the men will go around calling you a slut behind your back as they analyze if you have skills or not! I hate such men! As if they are any better. Man whores, they are called.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am going to keep myself pure, secondary virginity as it were, and be true only to myself. Besides, that's too much drama for me. I have settled (ish) into single-hood and actually taking time to know myself once again and to put myself first and to go back to doing all those things I loved to do that I could not (not that BooBoo stopped me but there are those sacrifices you make in a relationship) and just be happy. I will honour myself, my body and my spirit. I will endeavour to get closer to God and concentrate in my studies like never before.

Wow! It is a brand new day and it's all for me!

*cue in Mirror by Monica*

undefined.

5 comments:

  1. to be honest nice words but i think that sometimes its best to have those "no strings attached" relationships (which i sometimes do prefer) but preferably with one person in order not to let pple call you a slut. i knw its morally incorrect but sometimes we find ourselves in unavoidable situations. "Man is to error" isn't it?

    getting cut off from a usual supply of something is kinda tough to deal with, trust me. anyways you dnt need to be in a hurry to get into a relationship, take your time

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sort of permanent friend with benefits? Hmmmm... I'd rather just wait it out till Mr. Right (Now) comes along. I'm not in any hurry. Going to take my sweet time and enjoy this ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the thing abt it is that its not permanent. you call it a day after u think u got sm1 u interested in.
    now since u said u not in a hurry take your time coz u gotta be sure in who u pick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's wait and see. Maybe a few months after this post I'd have changed my mind. I hope notbut, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete