Sunday, April 24, 2011

Something To Think About

I had a mini-discussion with a tweep about the role religion plays in the relationships we have. Relationships of the romantic kind. We've all been brought up in religious homes, some more religious than others, but either way, we have an idea of what Christianity, Islam or any other has to say on the subject.

I was brought up in a strict Catholic household. All Christian values were installed (though now I need formatting because my morals have more or less gone blue screen) and i lived the life. Till around end of high school. It's been downhill from that point on.

What does Christianity say about romantic relationships? I don't know. I don't read those kinda books. No offence to those who do. All that I know is that premarital sex is shunned. Boys and girls should remain virgins till they get married...................................................................................................................................................................

I'm not a virgin. But I go for confession after (read old post to relate).

Basically it all boils down to sex. Nothing else I've come across. Either that or how a woman should submit to her man. Submit to me first!! I do not see the day I will come home from work before my man, cook supper, do homework with the kids then when man decides to finally check in, I take off his shoes, hand him the remote and a cup of tea? BULL CRAP!

I know I'm going off track but I'm fueled! I really don't see the point in marriage. It's going to fail anyways. He'll cheat on you or I'll get bored with him. I can't imagine 10 years with the same person. Not because of sex or anything but just normal company. I swear we'll be like room mates! And I don't buy that love crap. You can't love one person your whole life. I'm talking simple love. Not the kind that makes you go in an alley and go at it like dogs. I'm told that's lust. I mean love.

I probably don't make any sense.

Back to main topic.

What I've said above is all I know about Christianity and relationships. That and the people you can marry. No blood relations to the 6th degree (I think) and no same sex marriages. Thinking if there's something else....

I'm informed Muslims can marry blood relatives and there are reasons for that. I guess it wouldn't be weird, then, to say cousin so and so is hot. I have to keep such opinions to myself :-)

Umm, that's all I think. I guess if anything else comes to mind I'll just edit the post.

Marriage still sucks.

undefined

6 comments:

  1. i agree with you on the fact that marriage is quite tiresome, tedious, boring(after a long period of time) and also i agree that whether you want it or not along the way you will love someone else or you might have an affair, but according to me this is because the couple have spent all their time trying to build their love while they were not married and got married at the point of peak of love thus after marriage comes the downfall.....to some thought i guess the old arab wazees were wise enough by thinking of arranged marriages. My granddad told me that when you get married through an arranged marriage, you build up the love from scratch, you maintain it and thus at your 60's you will still be in the peak of your love and he always points out him and my grandmum or my parents or other old family members who had arranged marriages (i'm speaking from my arab roots)
    But i guess that you as every sane adult at one time or the other would want a progeny, and honestly i do too and to me i think that a child should have both parents available for him/her at the time of his growth as both parents have some role to play in the growth because my dad was working in the army when we were young and we couldnt see him often and so i guess the result is visible now because i'm not very close to my dad at all to the extent that he doesnt even call me for my birthday
    The downside of marriage is that, marriage coupled with work means less personal time for personal things.

    Despite i am not a big fan of marriage i will eventually need to have successors to my throne and i know i would surely not want to be a single parent as its hard and also i want the child to have both parents (becoz i dont want to make a mistake like my dad to me and my siblings) + its better and safe to get myself a wife which is culturally appropriate as the cultural stigma generally makes it that if a guy/girl is seen without a wife/husband he/she might be seen as not successful despite the career he/she has and also, if i will be having sex with a lady while raising kids generally that will be considered premarital sex and the kids are going to be kids born out of wedlock.

    so despite the fact that marriage is BULLSHIT, its also important

    1968-1999-2008

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have bottled issues, my friend. You need to open up some more.

    Successor to your throne! Ha! Religion states you must have a wedded partner to have one or two of those but in this modern world... There are other ways that do not need marriage. But since we are our parent's children and they have taught us (better) we feel a need to conform. We might just be heading their direction but i think we should have another way to approach it, no?

    As for when people get married, whether love is at the all time peak or whether it's arranged, it's all messed up to me. Maybe I shuld revise what marriage is all about so I can conform to the dictates. Then again, no. I know 2 years down the lane I might have changed my mind (I hope not) but what matters is right now.

    Marriage, love... All crap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what matters eventually is the present....
    its not we might be heading their direction, WE ARE already heading there and we got to surely find another way to approach it.

    you still have time but i guess you need to go over what marriage is all about

    Bottled issues like what hehe...i think i am opening up quite well :-)

    1968-1999-2008

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, first of all; what's with the numbers? 2nd, you clearly have issues with your old man. But I know with the blog you'll release full hundred!

    I'm not on the way to marriage. Still single as a one bob coin :-) But just to make my mother happy, I'll work on my issues. It'll take like 10 years but better late than never, ey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ofcoz better late than never....ati single as a bob coin lol u made my night. anyway at least i'm glad you said that you'll work on it.

    yeah with my old man yeah i clearly got issues with him that i just dont know how to write about but i hope i can soon

    the numbers are my signature 1968-1999-2008 years which manchester united won the european cup....i find it so cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it would be football related! You need counselling!

    ReplyDelete